Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Up and Down..... and Up again

Boy is it hard to find a moment to blog... I can't wait till both my boys are sleeping at the same time! 

My weight loss has been a roller coaster ride the past 3 weeks. First I went up 1.4, then I went down 5.6, and yesterday it was up 2.6 again. I'm not quite sure what to make of it. I have many theories each as lame as the next, but bottom line is there is 5.6 less of me so far!

It's been really hard to control my environment since I have been baking nearly every day for the past 2 weeks and knowing in the back of my mind that I have a freezer full of goodies. I just keep telling myself that the people at the Upshernish will starve if I eat and of it! Not likely since I baked a ton of stuff and will be baking more the next 2 days, but I like using my Yidishe Mama cortex against myself for a change.

My experiment with wheat dairy and beef had mixed results. Most dairy is now out of my diet with the exception of yogurt and sheep/goat cheeses. This has been the most successful change in my diet since I am no longer troubled by gas or cramps. Beef has been mostly eliminated. This has been harder since I now have to cook 3 different dinners every night. Z is type B blood so Beef is really good for him. I make Beef for Z, milchigs or vegetarian for M since he wont touch chicken or beef, and then I eat either chicken/fish/or vegetarian. It seems to be working out since everyone is happy but it takes a lot of planning and a lot more time. Wheat was the hardest for me and I barley lasted a week. So many things have wheat in them!! I don't think I can make that change permanent quite yet. It will be my work in progress.....

Goal for this week: Write down what I eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment