Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Busy Busy Business

All this running around for Yom Tov is getting pretty intense! Well at least I got most of the baking done yesterday. Today I am making all of the proteins and tomorrow is all of the veggies. Lots and Lots and Lots of veggies! 

This is my strategy for dealing with all the meals:
Step 1- Eat at home so I know exactly how everything is made
Step 2- Cut the sugar in half in every recipe! (except Challah)
Step 3- Substitute half the oil for applesauce (except Challah)
Step 4- Have one plain steamed vegetable at every meal and fill half the plate with it. it could also be a green salad with no added nick-knacks (ie Flat bread, croutons, sun-dried tomatoes, avocado, or anything else thats not HoAdoma) and a fat free dressing
Step 5- Pick one treat a day, so if I really want some honey cake I can eat it. That's why I made myself Ice cream. 


Anyways, that's the plan. Im going to weigh in today since I wont have the time tomorrow and I can't on Thursday. Ill let you all know how I did! I have really been to busy to eat, so I have been under my points almost everyday, but on the other hand I'm all bloated.... we shall see!

4 comments:

  1. Why no avocado? Are you staying away from white flour stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yehudis, have you seen my blog?
    www.mezuzahjudaicajewelry.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. im following weight watchers. avocado has a lot of points, and so do the "white thing". i was talking about 0 point veggies in that part. i can eat anything on this plan as long as i have the points for it

    ReplyDelete