Tuesday, October 8, 2013

100 pounds in a year

I had a baby 2 months ago. It was a difficult pregnancy. I had gestational diabetes. I had to give myself insulin injections and eat very carefully to control my blood sugar. During the last weeks of my pregnancy, when I was up to my ears with frustration at the amount of doctor appointments I had and the amount of times a day I had to poke myself with a needle, I made a decision. I was not going to go through another pregnancy while being overweight. 

That being said, I really am not giving myself much time to loose the weight I need to since another pregnancy GD willing can happen any time. So I have a year. I hope. There are 52 weeks in a year and safe weight loss is said to be 2 pounds a week. I think If I stay on track and stay motivated I can do it. 

My plan is pretty simple. Eat normal foods like sandwiches, pizza, and steak in normal amounts. Also I am writing down everything I eat. Exercise is a big part of this equation too. I'm walking every day. I'm a mom of three so to make a firm time for walking is almost impossible. I just walk when I can for however long I can. 30 min in the morning or 20 min at night - it doesn't matter as long as I'm moving. 

I'm on week 10 and I'm down 14.2 pounds. That's a great number cause It means I've lost 5% of my starting weight. My next goal is to loose 25 pounds by my English birthday. Easy as pie - a small piece of written down pie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment